The first of the seven Community Planning Projects is the Dereel Community Garden, and it is great to see a group of interested and committed people beginning work on this project.
DCHI are calling for people interested in working on one of the other six projects to contact us. We envisage putting together six separate project groups, so you can opt to provide assistance in a number of ways:
- Offering skills (depending on the project this could be administrative skills, manual labour, project planning skills, etc.)
- Specifying a level of involvement comfortable for you (perhaps one hour a week for a stated number of weeks or months)
- Communication or community engagement surrounding the project
- Documenting the progress of the project
Other roles may become apparent as each project is formed and refined into specific pieces of work.
The six project teams to be put together are:
- Dereel Community Spaces
- Pop-up Shops
- Art Spaces
- Knowledge Sharing
- Develop Dereel Lagoon/Swamp Area
- Maps, Signage and Publications
The next stage for each of these areas will be to call for specific costed proposals for evaluation. In addition to cost and viability, the amount of hands-on support to implement the proposed ideas will be taken into consideration.
Do you want to get involved?
If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact one of the community planning team:
Carol Moyse: email@example.com
Pam Bailey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clio Ellis-Perez: email@example.com
Kim Stanley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitchel Fielding: email@example.com
Pop-Up Shops Project
Some discussion has occurred about the potential to establish a market or car-boot sale in Dereel. If you are interested in exploring this idea, please contact Lisa Hunter: LisaHunter@bigpond.com.